New Roller Lash!

Benefit Cosmetics LLC

21 July 2010

Inception: Not A Review

I saw Inception in IMAX, and I don't think it's the type of movie that needs to be reviewed. I liked it, but I did not find anything in it or about it to be mindblowing, mindboggling, or in any other way interesting. It was visually exciting and entertaining. The soundtrack is fab. The cast made me happy, except I wasn't fond of Ellen Page in that type of role, but it was her voice that bothered me. I found the ending predictably annoying, but at the same time, it was probably the best ending possible. Right after seeing the movie, I read a piece on Chud.com about how the movie is a dream, and it's an allegory for filmmaking. I can buy that the entire movie is just a dream, but I will not go so far as to say that it's ultimately about filmmaking. Fuck that.

Why can people not just watch movies, enjoy them, and avoid analyzing them? Why does everything need to have a specific reason for being? I do not understand the human compulsion to apply reason and meaning to everything, especially entertainment. Why can people not just BE? or read and enjoy? or watch and enjoy? or do and enjoy? or talk and enjoy?

No comments: