New Roller Lash!

Benefit Cosmetics LLC

10 January 2011

Snowy Snowy Nails (since it snowed -- stupid snow!)



I did this manicure tonight, and I didn't think I would like it, but I am happily surprised to find that I rather enjoy it, even if it is a bit obnoxious. I started with Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Hardener, which is not meant to be a base coat, but it works really well as one, and it has been keeping my nails from breaking (as they have been weak, peeling, and breaking lately). I then added two coats of Sinful Colors "See You Soon" which is a gorgeous midnight blue with a hint of blue shimmer, very finely milled topped with Orly "Shining Star" which is a jelly base with glitter that flashes orange to green from the base of the nail to the tip. I followed with China Glaze "Atlantis" from the middle of each nail to the tip with my holographic glitter Snowman (Blue Cross) nail polish that I got at Rite Aid at the very tips. I used Orly "Flash Dry" between coats of everything to ensure no mixing of my glitters, and I topped it with my usual Seche Vite top coat (which was the only appropriate one to use with so much glitter. I have to make sure there are no glitter bumps! ick). I'll probably remove this pretty soon as I'm not a huge fan of glitter, and I get annoyed with it pretty quickly, but for the time being I enjoy it.

I also posted this on Luuux, where you can earn points to spend on delightful things AND share all kinds of stuff with other people! Check it:

No comments: