New Roller Lash!

Benefit Cosmetics LLC

11 February 2011

Wet'n'Wild ColorIcon Trio - I'm Getting Sunburned



I have used this trio quite a bit, so I feel comfortable giving it an actual review instead of just swatches. This is one of the newer ones that has been released within the last couple of months, and similar to the more recent ones, pigmentation is great as is the texture of the shadows. Each shadow in the palette contains a high volume of shimmer, but it never appears chunky: the shimmer always looks really pretty and smooth.
The brown in this palette is absolutely insanely pigmented. I barely need to touch it with my brush to get enough to do the crease and outer corner and have both turn out very dark. It almost ends up being black on the lids, especially from a distance, but up close, it is a gorgeous shimmering chocolate brown.
The brow bone color (the pink) does not work at all for a highlight on the eyes. It works best placed directly on the orbital bone above the brown and a separate, matte color right under the brow to highlight. Each color looks really nice on its own, but the pink is the least pigmented. It could potentially be applied as a highlight if one used an extremely light hand with it.
The bronze-y lid color can apply a bit chunky if I try to sweep it on with a brush rather than using a patting motion. I also get a lot of shimmery fallout, so I would recommend doing face makeup after applying any of these shades.
The end result, though, is a smooth, shimmery eye, and despite the high shimmer in the crease color, it has the color depth to provide shading in the crease.
This palette is definitely 2.99 USD well spent, and I highly recommend trying this if these colors interest you.

No comments: