New Roller Lash!

Benefit Cosmetics LLC

18 May 2011

Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss "Crystal Lilac"





I purchased this for 6.49 USD at Target last week. When I saw the color, I just had to have it! It's so pretty, but as you can see in the swatches, it's not very pigmented. I find I get very little color on my lips when I use this, just a nice sheen. The texture is extremely strange for a lip gloss: it feels very dry, almost like a long-wear lip product, but this does not claim to be a long-wear product. It doesn't make my lips feel dry, though. It just applies very strangely. As you can also see in the photos, the applicator is quite different from most lip-glosses; it's curved, so it conforms to the shape of the lips a lot better, and I have found I can apply the gloss to my top and bottom lips in one swipe if I just push the applicator between them and apply. It sounds odd, but that's how it could be used. I prefer to apply it to each lip separately. It lasts for a fairly long time on my lips as compared to other glosses, but for a Revlon gloss, I find it the same as others I've used (Super Lustrous). Overall I think this particular color is really pretty, and it's a nice addition to any collection. This is the only gloss from the ColorBurst line that I have tried, so I cannot comment on the pigment/texture/wear of any other colors.

cross-posted on Luuux:

No comments: