New Roller Lash!

Benefit Cosmetics LLC

03 May 2012

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector*

I have the product on the right side here.

I have this in the shade 10 Light, and for reference, I use the foundation in the same line in the color Classic Ivory (also 10). Neutrogena claims that this product instantly brightens and conceals dark circles and reduces the appearance of dark circles and puffiness under the eyes. I cannot speak to the latter claims, but it really does instantly brighten my undereye area. I didn't expect to love this product so much, but I've been converted to using this exclusively for my undereye area. It is a little thick, but it blends in extremely well, and it is very smooth. There are only four shades, which I think is far too limited. I have very fair skin, but I use the second to darkest shade. It is very pink-toned which I believe helps a lot with the undereye circles, so it's not at all ideal to use anywhere else on the face. I am not a huge fan of the applicator -- it's a twist-up liquid that comes out through a brush at the tip -- because I feel it's a bit unsanitary, and I'd prefer more options for application. As it is, I put a bit on the back of my clean hand and pat it under my eyes with my fingers. The brush tip can also get really messy because it takes a second or two for the product to come out, so one might continue twisting and waste a lot of product or get a huge product overflow. For the price (13.99 USD) this is a somewhat expensive drugstore product, so waste is not at all ideal (and really, when does a person want to waste makeup?), but the product performs so well that I can overlook all the cons. This product stays on the skin all day with or without any kind of primer, and it really makes my whole face look a lot brighter, healthy, and awake. Because of the amazing (and a little shocking) product performance I can overlook the price (it's worth it, and compared to high-end the price isn't bad anyway), the applicator, the flaws in packaging, and the crappy color range (at least I can still find a color to suit myself). Two very enthusiastic thumbs up for this product!! *I received this product as part of a BzzCampaign.

No comments: