New Roller Lash!

Benefit Cosmetics LLC

03 October 2009

You know how I like responses.

I bought two of those new L'Oreal HiP Color Chrome pencils today. I swatched them on my hand. The darker one has finally started to fade after 10+ hours. They don't smudge. The consistency and wear is very similar to Urban Decay's 24/7 liners, and that's exciting. The only problem is the limited color selection. Since these seem to be smudge-proof (I gave them the same test I gave the UD liners---vigorous scrubbing), I kind of want to buy them in all possible colors. The blue one seems to have disappeared, and that's the one I really wanted in the first place. I settled for gold and purple. I might buy black just because it won't smudge, and it's a pencil! I like pencils. I also bought two NYX single shadows because they were BOGO, and I finally found Lanikai. I just grabbed a random one for the free one since I was kind of in a hurry, and it was Taupe, which is really, really pretty. It is the color I never knew I desperately wanted. It is very similar to MAC's Soft Brown but with a little shimmer. Lanikai is, of course, the beautiful blue I wanted. One day I'll post photos and swatches.

My Zoya order has not been processed; it seems. The last time I ordered something from them, it arrived in two days. And then I was receiving two free nail polishes! I want my order to be processed more quickly! It makes me nervous when I check my bank account, and the money still has not been taken. Not to mention, I really want my nail polishes! AND if I typed my credit card # wrong or something, then I won't get my free polish (or the significantly reduced shipping, whatevs). I'm a Jew. I don't like to pay full price for anything. Damn it.

I have discovered a nail polish that I *must* own, and I am going hunting tomorrow. I believe it is a Sally's Beauty Supply exclusive, which is a problem. There are only two that I would drive to. This nail polish looks particularly spectacular with a matte topcoat over it. I need that, too, but that isn't limited edition, store exclusive, super hard to find and incredibly attractive to ME. I will have this polish. It is so Halloween-y. I mean---I could just buy the Halloween set and get the black I already have (and dislike) with the top coat that makes it look like the nail polish I want, but that's twenty dollars for three things I don't need and one thing I do. I can find the nail polish or swap for it. Or I'll buy the Halloween set. Either way--this is going to be in my possession, and eventually I will pair it with a matte top coat, and it will be glorious.

In other news, I have been reduced to expressing my emotional distress in sports terms. I have absolutely nothing more to say.

2 comments:

kyuubified said...

Lanikai is an AMAZING eyeshadow. You should look for lime juice too, lime juice + lanikai are a very similar dupe to NARS e/s duo in Rated R.

Anonymous said...

Lol, I'm not a jew and I like sales & thinks for free & not so expensive items for a good quality

S.