New Roller Lash!

Benefit Cosmetics LLC

01 May 2011

CoverGirl NatureLuxe Liquid Silk Foundation - A Review




I did receive this product to try as a BzzAgent, and to be honest, I would not have bought this for myself. I have never liked CoverGirl foundations, but this one is So different!

What CoverGirl Claims:
-provides a smooth, silky feel
-contains refreshing cucumber water to help balance the creaminess on application
-made with hints of jojoba and rosehip extracts
-available in 14 shades ranging from light to dark tones
-oil-free, SPF 10 and dermatologically tested
-suggested to retail for 11.99 USD

How I Feel:
It does feel extremely smooth and creamy upon application. I cannot comment on the cucumber or other ingredients, but it does have a light, refreshing scent. As for the color range, it's par for the course of drugstore foundations. I would pay the almost twelve dollars for this foundation because it makes my skin look amazing.

I have used it with and without a primer, and either way, it applies extremely smoothly (with fingers) and lasts a very long time. I do have very dry skin, so I am less likely to have any makeup meltdowns, but I chose to test this product by wearing it to a show where I knew I would be in a hot, humid environment, dancing, and sweating. I applied this foundation alone a few hours before the show. I was in a hot, humid room with a whole bunch of other hot, sweaty people sweating myself, and when I came home and looked in the mirror, my makeup looked exactly as it did when I applied it. Not only did this foundation stay on my skin, but it held my blush, contour, and highlight as well. I was amazed!

The reason I dislike most CoverGirl foundations is the undertone in most of them: they have a cool undertone. I have a very warm undertone in my skin, so anything cool will usually look really bad. I have this foundation in the color 320 Aspen, and it definitely has a cool undertone. The difference with this one is that it gives such light coverage that the undertone isn't noticeable. This foundation will not cover any serious skin issues, but it will make the skin look nice. I have found that it is slightly buildable. I can add two layers, and it does not look cakey or gross. It never feels heavy. It really feels like I am not wearing anything on my face, and it looks like I just have really nice, smooth, glowing skin.

I would absolutely recommend this product to others.

Also on Luuux:

No comments: