New Roller Lash!

Benefit Cosmetics LLC

06 January 2012

My Julep Maven Box!



Julep Maven is a monthly subscription service, and each month you receive can receive polishes, hand lotions, foot scrubs, etc. Pretty much anything you'd use for a manicure or pedicure. I received my first box for only five USD, but the price is usually 19.99 USD. It's supposed to be forty USD worth of product, but I think 19.99 USD is a reasonable price. 2 nail polishes, hand treatments, etc. is easily 20 USD for me.

This is my first box, and I received the Glow On Age Defying Hand Brightener and two polishes in the shades "Maya" and "Taylor". I also received sample packets of the Julep Facial for Hands Glycolic Hand Scrub and the Julep Everyday SPF SPF 30 Hand Cream.
Taylor is described as "the perfect periwinkle crème" while Maya is described as "peachy pink seashell, like a shimmering pearl". I have applied neither to my nails, but I swatched them both on my swatch wheels. Maya is more opaque and applies better, and the color is true to the description. Taylor is a bright, bright periwinkle that doesn't apply so smoothly. I used two coats on my swatch wheel, and it could definitely use at least one more.
The hand lotion is quite nice! It feels moisturizing, and it has tiny, tiny shimmer particles in to diffuse the light. They are hardly noticeable, which is good because I wouldn't want glittery looking hands. I can't really comment on the age-defying aspect because I have rather young hands, and they pretty much look their age (< 25 years). I like that the products come inside a little bag that is inside a RED box! I like red, and I like the red box. Seems silly but packaging is important to me. The packaging of the lotion is sleek and feels really nice. It's very simple and doesn't have ugly writing all over it. The same goes for the polish bottles: they feel nice (weight-wise), and they're sleek looking. For more information or to sign up for your own Julep Maven box, please go here.

No comments: