New Roller Lash!

Benefit Cosmetics LLC

11 April 2012

Products I Regret Purchasing


The products are: Sexy Hair Straight Sexy Hair Aerated Anti-Frizz and Shine Spray, MAC Blush Ombre Azalea Blossom, NYC Chroma Face Glow Moonstone, MAC Beauty Powder Tahitian Sand, Maybelline Baby Lips Fruit Punch, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser, Physician's Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara, Wet'n'Wild Lipstick 528A, NYX Concealer in A Jar, Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick Miracle Mauve, Essie To Buy or Not To Buy, and China Glaze Smoke and Ashes.

Straight Sexy Hair: I find this product helps with frizz, but it does so by making my hair feel weighed down and look greasy. It also has an awful and very strong scent. 1 out of 5. No recommendation here.

MAC blush: The ombre effect is nice to look at, but this one is odd. It's got a warm, yellow-y pink that fades into a cool, lilac. Once applied the color is actually very pretty with or without the ombre, but the texture is very hard and not as blendable as I'd prefer. 1 out of 5. No recs.

NYC Moonstone: I actually swapped for this product, but I have the same issues with it as I do with the MAC blush. It's very hard, difficult to pick up product, and it barely shows up on my skin. 1 out of 5. No recs.

MAC Beauty Powder: Also hard and difficult to work with. Provides absolutely no color, which makes it pretty much useless as it doesn't even add a soft-lit glow to the face or anything.

Maybelline Baby Lips: While this is moisturizing, I find the flavor nauseating, and the color doesn't work on my skin. It is a pretty color, though, and I know that other people could enjoy it. It's just not for me. 3 out of 5. Would recommend for cooler skintones and people who desire bright pinks that are moisturizing.

Maybelline Concealer: This product helps with dark circles, but the packaging is awful. When I first bought it, I really liked the sponge, and I still do, but at some point the top just exploded off of it which resulted in a lot of wasted product as when I popped it back in, a ton of product squirted out. I like the texture, but I dislike the color range. I know a lot of people would be able to find satisfaction in this product, packaging issues aside, so I give it a 3 out of 5.

Physician's Formula Mascara: This is a very dry mascara. I heard a lot of great reviews about this, so I decided to try it, and I absolutely hate it. It does make my lashes look nice, but it's extremely dry and clumps easily. Despite the dry formula, it also smudges all over my face without me even touching my eyes. The packaging is disgusting and obnoxious, too. 2 out of 5, because it does make my lashes look great, and I know a lot of people really like this.

Wet 'n' Wild Lipstick: This is just a terrible color for me, and it's extremely frosty. I'm not into frosty. 3 out of 5.

NYX Concealer: Hard to find a good color match, very drying, doesn't last well on the skin no matter what primer I use, doesn't cover well. 2 out of 5.

Revlon ColorStay Liquid Lipstick: This never sets on the lips. It always feel wet and sticky, and it's supposed to be a long-wearing product, but it's not. It stays sticky all day which is uncomfortable, and it will rub off onto everything. 1 out of 5.

Essie To Buy or Not To Buy: I regret this one because it's very similar to Revlon's Lilac Pastelle, and it has these beautiful shimmer particles that do not show up on the nail at all. I love Lilac Pastelle, and I was hoping that this would be a bit different with the glitter, but it looks exactly the same. Formula is fine, though, and I'll still use it. I would not repurchase. 3 out of 5.

China Glaze: Smoke and Ashes: This polish looks amazing in the bottle with all the multi-colored, multi-dimensional glitter, but the glitter hardly shows up on the nail. It just looks like a black polish. I am keeping this one as a memento of The Hunger Games, or perhaps better described as a collector's item. I would not repurchase this product. 3 out of 5.

No comments: