New Roller Lash!

Benefit Cosmetics LLC

11 April 2012

Revlon Lip Butters Review


From left to right: Tutti Frutti, Gumdrop, Sweet Tart, and Crème Brulée.

These retail for 7.49 at Walgreens, but I always to try buy them when they are buy one get one half off, which I did with some of these. I have six, but I've only used four of those. I will review each in order.

Tutti Frutti: This one is a bright coral/orange, and it is extremely moisturizing. I find that it wears really well on my lips, and it looks good with my skin tone. This one has no shimmer, and it glides on easily. 5 out of 5

Gumdrop: This is a very light lilac that isn't too purple to be worn on the lips (considering I have such light skin). It's very cool-toned, but it still looks good on my very warm skin. It's fairly moisturizing, but it does have some tiny, silver sparkles in it. I do not find them to be scratchy or uncomfortable, and they do not affect the performance of this one. 5 out of 5.

Sweet Tart: This is a very saturated, bright pink. It's warm-toned enough that it looks great on my skin tone, and I had a friend who is much fairer and more cool-toned try it, and it looked amazing on her as well. I feel that this one is probably the most universally flattering of the bunch. This one is also very moisturizing, and it wears extremely well. It is a simple creamy finish, no shimmer. 5 out of 5.

Crème Brulée: This one is a deep nude with a hint of shimmer. It's fairly warm, so it works well with my skin tone. Color-wise this one is my favorite, but I take issue with the texture. I can feel the slight shimmer particles on my lips, and I do not find this one to be particularly moisturizing. It still wears just as well as the others, but this one is my least favorite so far. 4 out of 5.

Overall, these are great lipsticks, and I will continue to purchase more (I bought more today!), and I would recommend them to anyone who is searching for a lightweight, moisturizing, and glossy lipstick.

*other products I am testing for review:
Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream
Revlon Lip Butters: Lollipop, Strawberry Shortcake
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Gloss: Strawberry

No comments: