New Roller Lash!

Benefit Cosmetics LLC

09 April 2012

Revlon ColorStay Nail Polish - 030 "Calla Lily"


This is a very sheer, creamy, white polish with beautiful, multi-dimensional gold micro-shimmer. Because it is so sheer, I applied two coats of it over one coat of Essie's "Sand Tropez", my favorite nude. The base coat I have been using and loving of late is Pro FX Epoxy Bond Base Coat. I used two coats of Seche Vite Fast Drying Top Coat for this manicure to allow the micro-shimmer to really pop.

This manicure was applied Friday, and it has lasted through three showers without chipping or peeling. It lost none of its luster. Application is very nice on this polish: it glides smoothly over the nail, and it dries fairly quickly on its own which makes applying multiple coats faster and easier. The brush is the flat, slightly wider type that I find most similar to the Wet'n'Wild Fast Drying nail polish brushes. It is not as wide as the OPI pro-wide brush. Over "Sand Tropez" this polish takes on more of its creamy properties due to the undertones in "Sand Tropez", but if used alone it comes out as a pretty, jelly-like white, and the shimmers still look gorgeous.

I paid roughly 8 USD for this at CVS.

I give this polish a 5 out of 5 for it's color, application, luster, dry time, and strength (resistance to chipping). This one makes me want to try more of the Revlon ColorStay polishes!

No comments: