New Roller Lash!

Benefit Cosmetics LLC

09 April 2012

Milani Illuminating Face Powder in 01 "Amber Nectar"




The packaging calls this product an "ultra-smooth highlighter, bronzer, and blush". Even with my very light skin, I cannot use this as a bronzer, but if I apply it a bit more heavily I can use it as a blush, and it makes for a beautiful, warm highlight on my skin. The texture is extremely smooth, and the product is nicely pigmented. There are no actual glitter particles in this product, so it really gives a soft, dewy, and glowy, satin-like finish to the skin. I chose this one because of the warmth it carries, and I definitely do not regret it. I use a Real Techniques contouring brush to apply it, and I find that it looks amazing as either a blush or highlight.

I paid about 9 USD for this at Walgreens.

The packaging is bulky for my taste, but that's what I expect from most Milani face products. The embossed rose design is a really pretty touch that I appreciate in a drugstore product. 4.5 out of 5 because while I love this product, it should not at all be marketed as a bronzer.

*click photos to enlarge

No comments: