New Roller Lash!

Benefit Cosmetics LLC

24 September 2013

NOTD x2! Ruffian "Fox Hunt" and L'Oreal "Lilac Coolers" (and reviews)

 
L'Oreal Lilac Coolers
This one is from a couple weeks ago. I forgot to upload it from my camera! Anywho -- this photo is two coats with Seche Vite Fast Dry top coat. And apparently a fuzz got stuck to my middle fingernail without my noticing until I looked at this photo. GROSS. 
As for my thoughts on this polish, I love the color, and the formula is not terrible. I did not have any issues applying it, but it chipped a lot and very quickly (within 2 days). That made me sad, but this is not a terrible polish. I work a lot with my hands, so I tend to expect my polishes to chip some. 

Ruffian Fox Hunt
This one is a mini that came in my Birchbox this month. The photo shows two coats with Seche Vite Fast Dry top coat with indoor lighting. I was unsure that I would like this one, but I decided to give it a go. I do like the way it looks on my nails, though less than twelve hours after application you can see some tip wear. 
The color is more of a reddish orange in person, but that was difficult to get in the photos. It has a slight yellow-orange sheen to it, but it is not very noticeable unless in very bright, direct sunlight. 
I did experience difficulties with application on this one. I tried to apply thin coats, but in doing so I ended up with streaks, so for my right hand (not shown) I did thicker coats, and that worked out fine. 
Other than the slight difficulties with application, I find no faults with this polish. 
That said, the bottle is awful. Granted, this one is a mini, so it is a bit more difficult to handle anyway. The design of the cap is supposed to be easier to grip, and perhaps it is on the full-size polishes, but with this one I found it unwieldy and annoying. Also, if you look at my bottle, the top does not screw on properly. It does close, but it looks wonky, and that annoys me. It is also quite difficult to close. I hope that is not the case with the full-size polishes, though, as they retail for 10 USD each. 
Because I have no idea where to see Ruffian polishes in person, I am not sure whether or not I would buy a full-size simply because I am afraid of having the same packaging issues with the full-size as I do with the mini. 

I hope this is helpful! 

No comments: