New Roller Lash!

Benefit Cosmetics LLC

06 June 2009

I shopped again.

 My lighting gives things a reddish glow, but I did my nails today with my new nail polish: A Grape Fit! by OPI. 

I also bought Done out in Deco, Yoga-Ta Get This Blue!, and a Revlon nail polish in Gold Get 'Em. The last was on clearance, and it's a really shimmery, pastel yellow. The OPI polishes are colors after which I have been lusting for quite some time. They're buy 2 get 1 free at Ulta, so I grabbed some. In the nail department I also bought OPI's AvoPlex exfoliating cuticle treatment. I'm pretty sure that I don't need it since I use my Burt's Bees cuticle creme everyday, but we'll see. I like the way it smells! 

I bought one more hair product for the week: got2b Smooth Operator Smoothing Lustre Lotion. It is a heat and UV protectant while also smoothing the hair, of course. I used it, and the smell bothers me (too sweet), but it did what it's supposed to do. I also used the mousse today. I like the mousse. It didn't make my hair feel gross or anything, but it has the same smell as the lotion, obviously. 

While at Ulta I got a NYX lipstick in Pandora. It's a purple color, the same color as the African Queen lip gloss. I like it in small doses. 

I also got the Physician's Formula Baked Collection Wet/Dry Eyeshadow in Baked Oatmeal. I swatched them, and they are all really pretty. The only problem is that the packaging is difficult to fit into my storage. I'm running out of space! And despite being a bit bulky, I like the little compact. It's a very thin line. 

I used the L'Oreal Telescopic mascara today, and I am not impressed. I don't know why anyone would be. As I said, the wand is flimsy, and when applied, the mascara is too wet. It clumped, too. While applying, the flimsy wand feels like it's going to break against my lashes. It lengthens well enough, no volumizing. It's just a normal mascara to me, not the worst, not the best. 

I also got a Twilight poster and stuck it on my door, but we don't need to talk about that (but it's so fucking hilarious). 

I finally figured out the proper way to use the Seche Vite topcoat, and it's a BITCH to use. One must let it bead up on the brush and then drop that onto the nail, then spread it around while the polish is still wet. It doesn't disturb the polish, but it can get a little messy. I got it all over my hands. Also, it is high maintenance! It requires a thinner to keep it workable. Otherwise it will get too hard and goopy to use. What the hell is that? I want a topcoat that I don't have to buy extra products to use! Anyway--I said my nails chipped before. Perhaps that was because I was applying the product incorrectly. We shall see. Perhaps it is worth buying the fucking Seche Restore that the Vite requires to keep. Ridiculous. 

I think my cousin's boyfriend should go on So You Think You Can Dance. He dances. 

No comments: