New Roller Lash!

Benefit Cosmetics LLC

04 July 2009

Public Enemies

Yes. Yes. Yes.   I have been waiting for this movie for ages, and now that I have seen it, something has been fulfilled (duh). Johnny Depp played the perfect John Dillinger, and Christian Bale played the perfect Melvin Purvis by making him like the complete idiot he was. And of course, the beautiful Marion Cotillard played her part as Billie Frechette perfectly, as she always does. She, being quite endearing by her own account, made the character very endearing, and it was heartbreaking to watch her cry at the end. I am very disappointed that the end of the movie did not say that the prostitute who sold Dillinger out in hopes of staying in America instead of being deported back to shitty Romania was later deported anyway, which means she sold out her friend who trusted her for nothing. Tsk tsk. There were a couple of inaccuracies, such as Frechette's arrest, but overall, they are easy to overlook. Everything about the film was very well done. 

Next up: BRUNO! He is a much better character than Borat, so this one promises to be more funny. And I do love me some Sacha Baron Cohen. He is hot when he's not dressed as an Austrian homosexual, and he's damn funny when he is. (and he has the most Jewish name EVER) I think the latter sentence is an example of zeugma, but I can't be sure as I'm not sure I understand the definition of that word just yet. 

9 July the Colour Craft collection is being released by MAC, and I am just hoping that I'm not as impressed with the colors as I think I'll be. That way I won't want to buy anything, and I definitely won't be disappointed when I don't get anything. I love their MSFs. That's really all I like from MAC. MSFs and lip products. I suppose their brighter eye shadows are nice, too. I still really want Chrome Yellow and Sushi Flower. 

Yesterday I bought the best thing of my life: Soap and Glory's Flake Away body polishing scrub. It is amazing. It exfoliates really well without being painful, smells delicious, and leaves skin feeling super soft. It apparently has moisturizers in it as well because after I used it, I didn't feel as if I needed any lotion, though now I am tempted to buy Soap and Glory body butter or something. While out I also picked up Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara to try it since I hear it's good, and I love mascaras. I have not opened it yet because I have a lot of mascaras opened at the moment, and I don't want to have to throw away a bunch of mascara because I couldn't use it all up. 

No comments: