New Roller Lash!

Benefit Cosmetics LLC

04 August 2013

Birchbox + Color Club Wanderlust Collection: "London Calling" Pics + Review

I should start this by saying that I abhor the formula on these polishes, and this one seems to be the worst, which is sad because it's a nice color. "London Calling" is a super light, green grape green, which reminds me a lot of OPI's "Gargantuan Green Grape", another color I adore. This one, however, is thick and streaky and extremely difficult to apply. See how my manicure looks messy? That's because I really could not work with this polish.

Something I have noticed about these polishes which is different from other Color Club polishes I have used is the wear time. The entire Wanderlust collection will last at least a week on the nails without chipping, even on the toes.

The only significant difference between "London Calling" and "Gargantuan Green Grape" is the opacity of "London Calling". It may be thick and streaky, but "London Calling" covers in two coats, and with a top coat it looks more smooth. GGG requires at least three coats. Another, less noticeable difference is that London Calling has that neon edge to it, but it is not so neon that it really looks that different compared to GGG.

All of that said, the streaky formula makes the score for this one low, and it is not an especially unique color. I give it 2/5. It does have excellent wear time, and it is a nice color.

No comments: